The first time you burn your soy candle is the most important. You want to allow at least a first time burn of 3 hours to reach full melt pool (where the full top of the candle has reached all sides of the jar and is now all liquid). If the candle is not allowed to reach full melt pool, it will develop a memory ring and will not be able to melt pass that point and it will not perform properly.
* Your candle will come with it's wick pretrimmed. After each burn, you will want to keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" at all times and you can do this right before you light it by using a wick trimmer, scissors, or by breaking off the top part of the burnt wick. If the wick is not trimmed properly, it will start to curl up on itself and embed in the candle and will not be able to be lit.
* Always burn your candle on a heat resistant surface free of any fire hazards. Keep the candle away from drafts and never leave a lit candle unattended. Do not handle your candle while still hot.
* Always keep your candle free of debris such as matches.
* Do not burn candles longer than 3 hours at a time.
* Keep these care instructions handy and don't forget to come back and try more scentsational scents as we are continuously adding more all the time.